Sunday, January 17, 2010

Post cards

Mari-Ann at Counting Coconuts has invited fellow mums to participate in a postcard exchange so I thought I would join in and extend it to non-mums like myself. Cause face it - isn't getting something in the mail which isn't a bill pretty exciting?

Mari-Ann suggests that it is a great way to teach children about geography and the world and the idea is to send a postcard showing features of where you live.

If anyone wants to exchange a postcard with me (whether a mum or non-mum), leave me a comment and we can sort something out. For those who live in Sydney I have some postcards from other parts of Australia if you would prefer one of the them - they are from my trip driving from Cairns to Broome and back via Alice Springs and the Simpson desert.

Let me know and also go check at Mari-Ann's blog if you want to participate as she lives in Bermuda and how cool would it be to get a postcard from there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...sounds interesting. I loved getting postcards from friends when they went to WA and Europe. Unfortunately, the only postcards I will have are Sydney ones...

Anonymous said...

Oh...and it's like having pen pals I suppose. I remember wanting a pen-pal as a child...back in the day when you actually wrote letters...but never got around to doing it.