Friday, December 11, 2009

Thanks for the award Dar

Daria from Three Little Birds (http://www.darnonymous.blogspot.com/) (i havn't worked out how to do that properely) has awarded me an award!! Yay

As part of accepting the award I must post ten things which noone on blogsville knows...so here it goes

  1. At high school i was the goalkeeper in indoor and outdoor hockey. And for the two years I played outdoor we won the comp one year and were runner up the following year (by overall goals throughout the season).
  2. I used to play the clarinet - and got to travel to Europe (Austria, Germany, Czech republic, Slovak republic and Hungary) and China with the school band.
  3. I love Iago from the play Othello. I think he is really cool and I love that he is so manipulative.
  4. I love the phantom from the phantom of the opera. This may partly be because i love the music from that musical!!! As you can tell a pattern for loving fictional characters is forming.
  5. Charles Darwin is my biologist hero
  6. If I could travel to anywhere in the world I would choose the Galapagas Islands. This is partly because of Charles Darwin
  7. I love Tintin comics. I also have the DVDs....I even did one of the comics as one of my supplementary texts (we got to choose some) for the HSC.
  8. I cross-stich. I wish I could do it more often but it is expensive.
  9. I hate sand. Very silly since I am currently a marine biologist who works on the intertidal region. (Well..doing my honours)
  10. I am missing 4 adult teeth. I was born without the things to have them! So currently I have a tooth which is really a baby one with lots of filling material on it to make it look big, and a gap (not one of the front teeth but the next ones along) where I have a plastic tooth hanging from a plate. The other two, the baby teeth were pulled out and the gap closed. I will eventually have an inplant where the gap is.

Well, I should pass this award on but Daria has given it to basically all the blogs I read!!!! So i will need to think of an alternative plan.

4 comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Fab list! I'm also a bit of an Iago fan...

Anonymous said...

Great list! An old hockey player too! I have a friend who has dived the Galapagos and still talks about it in hushed tones.

Clarissa said...

PinkPatentMaryJames- Unfortunately i never have seen a version of Othello where I like how Iago has been played.

Livemorenow - Someday i will make it to the galapagas....

DB said...

Yay, finally got net access & catching up on your Blog!!!!
Good list!