Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Teaser tuesday 100601

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

"I've heard that before" I tell her. "I'm sure the Congolese heard it every day for a hundred years while they had to forbear the Belgians. Now they finally get a fighting chance, and we're sitting here watching it get born dead...."
pg. 476.



I loved this book - I couldn't put it down. It was one of those books which makes you angry and also makes you rethink how you treat people and the assumptions you make. I highly recommend it!!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Great teaser. Sounds intriguing.

Mine's here : http://thebooksofmylife.blogspot.com/2010/05/teaser-tuesdays-jun-1.html

Amy said...

Good teaser and a great book. I read this a long time ago but it was fantastic.

Audrey said...

Not my usual read, but the teaser is good! You have convinced me to check it out :)
HERE is my teaser for the first day of June!

Nise' said...

Great tease from a book I so enjoyed.

Marg said...

I read this book a few years ago and really enjoyed it!

My teaser is here

Leya said...

I read the book ages ago and I loved it.

Great teaser!

Alayne said...

Great teaser. This is one of those books I know I need to read, just haven't had the chance yet. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Anonymous said...

Great teaser! I think this is one that I'm going to have to check out!

Thanks for sharing

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've been seeing this book around, and hearing about this author...this does sound so compelling!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

E. said...

Yay you are back, again! :)

pussreboots said...

I read that book about five or six years ago. Happy reading.

Bina said...

Oh, the Poisonwood Bible, can´t believe I still haven´t read it!
Thanks for visiting my teaser :)

kayerj said...

I think we all need to read a book like this from time to time. Nice teaser. thanks for stopping by.

Faye said...

Like several of your other commenters, I read this many years ago. Kingsolver is a Kentucky author--or at least we claim part of her. Judging from your age you may also enjoy "The Beantrees" by same author.

My TT is for "The Invisible Bridge", a first novel by Julie Orringer set in Budapest and Paris in the late 1930s pre WW II. My link: Summit Musings

Anonymous said...

It's not my usual read, but I love the teaser.

Thank you for stopping by :)